Look: I am eager to learn stuff I don't know--which requires actively courting and posting smart disagreement.

But as you will understand, I don't like to post things that mischaracterize and are aimed to mislead.

-- Brad Delong

Copyright Notice

Everything that appears on this blog is the copyrighted property of somebody. Often, but not always, that somebody is me. For things that are not mine, I either have obtained permission, or claim fair use. Feel free to quote me, but attribute, please. My photos and poetry are dear to my heart, and may not be used without permission. Ditto, my other intellectual property, such as charts and graphs. I'm probably willing to share. Let's talk. Violators will be damned for all eternity to the circle of hell populated by Rosanne Barr, Mrs Miller [look her up], and trombonists who are unable play in tune. You cannot possibly imagine the agony. If you have a question, email me: jazzbumpa@gmail.com. I'll answer when I feel like it. Cheers!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Saturday 9

Sure, I need another meme.  Stumbled onto this one while SWS-surfing, and it intrigued me - for this week anyway.


1. What celebrity would you just want to shake some sense into?
None.  I don't care about celebrities.  If forced to participate, I would shake Glenn Beck until his head fell off.  Shouldn't take long - it isn't very firmly attached. 

2. What do you think comes after death?
Well, it's sort of like Phillip Jose Farmer's novel, RIVERWORLD, but dryer and less mountainous.

3. What is the first book that you can remember reading by yourself as a child?
Knight's Castle, by Edward Eager.  And thereby hangs a tale, which I might someday tell.

4. What was the first rock concert that you attended?
Eric Clapton, live at Pine Knob.  I was about 40.  As my son described it, he did a great job with the new, mediocre songs, and a mediocre job with the great old songs.

5. If you were to suddenly become famous, would you choose a stage name? If yes, what would it be?
Yes.  Jazzbumpa

6. What is the one thing that you wish the media would stop talking about?
Philandering Celebrities.  Sure, I'm a vicarious vampiric voyeur, just like everyone else, but I just don't care.


7. If you could be part of any band, which one would it be and who would you be and why?
Hmmmm.  Tough call.  My vision of heaven (#2 notwithstanding) is to play with Count Basie on Tuesdays, and Stan Kenton on Thursdays.  I would be me, 'cause I would love rubbing trombone elbows with those cats.

8. Do you live close to your immediate family members? If not, how far away are they?
Close to most.  An hour drive from a some.  A two day drive from a few.

9. Last seasonal question (promise): What did you do on New Year's Eve?
Stayed home, drank a bottle of Asti with my lovely wife, and posted a "Happy New Year" message on Facebook at midnight.


No comments: